http://healthybazar.com/balooti.htmlMany of you must have at some point in your life felt the need to urinate urgently, unable to hold it any further!!! This is common. However, if this urgency is very frequent (more than 10 times a day), making your bladder incapable to hold the urine for long, it is a condition, called Frequent Urination.
Frequent urination can occur in both men & women of any age, but it is more common in older age people and can affect 30% of women & 15% older men. It is not a very serious problem, but it can cause many embarrassing problems, such as an urge to pass urine several times a day, even at night, unable to hold on till you reach washroom, bedwetting, leaking while coughing or sneezing, etc.
Frequent urination is not a disease, it’s a symptom. Proper identification of the root cause can help identify what’s the problem behind this condition.
Read this blog post to know more about the causes and symptoms of this problem, and know more about medicines, treatment, and herbal remedies to cure frequent urination.
In Sanskrit, increased in Frequency Urination is termed as Atimutrata. As per Ayurveda, change in diet and lifestyle that increases Pitta in our body is the main cause of frequent urination & produces heating toxins in the body. These heating toxins gather in the urinary channels and create an imbalance in the urinary system.
- When frequent urination is due to excessive secretion, it is due to Kapha dosha & water element of the body.
- When frequent urination is no excessive secretion, it is the vitiation of Vata dosha along with the water element (Drava dhatu) of the body. It may or may not be associated with kapha.
- Chronic Fever
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Painful urination
- Red or dark brown urine
- Blood in urine
- Burning sensation in passing urine
- Urinary tract infection
- Excessive consumption of junk foods, certain beverages, and fluids
- Diabetes mellitus and insipidus
- Kidney Stones or calculus
- Anxiety, unusual fear, etc.
- Bladder cancer
- Tumor in the pelvic area
- Pregnancy in females
- Overactive bladder
- Abnormal Kidney function
- Changing diet: Avoiding foods that cause a problem in the bladder like caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, junk foods, spicy foods, artificial sweeteners.
- Fruits that help control Frequent Urination are Pomegranate juice, Aloe Vera juice, fresh coconut water, cranberry juice, gooseberry juice, apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, grapes, raspberries, beans, and cherries.
- Include curd, buttermilk, cumin, fennel seeds, jaggery, cinnamon and fenugreek seeds in your diet daily.
- Avoid working in a hot atmosphere such as near furnaces, sunlight, boilers, etc
- Bahya Pranayama
- Coriander seeds: Take 3 tbsp of powdered coriander seeds and 1 tbsp of powdered unrefined sugar in a vessel & add 3 cups of water, mix well & keep it overnight. This is a very good remedy to control urinary tract infection which causes frequent urination.
Dosage: Drink 1 cup of the liquid 3 times a day.
- Cold Bath: Add ½ tbsp of powdered red sandalwood to the water.
Usage: Take a cold-water bath 2-3 times a day.
- Amla Juice: Intake juice of one amla with honey and a banana along with it. It will take you out of this problem and it is beneficial for all age groups and pregnant women.
Dosage: Take the mixture 3 times a day
- Reetha powder (soapnut): Take 1/2 gm of soapnut seeds powder with 1 glass fresh water. This remedy will stop frequent urination within a week.
Dosage: Take the mixture twice a day.
- Coconut Water: Daily intake of coconut water once in a day, relieves the UTI symptoms and cures frequent urination.
- Fenugreek seed: 1 tbsp of Fenugreek seed powder consumed with a pinch of dry ginger relieves this condition.
Dosage: Take the mixture twice a day.
- Turmeric & Sesame: Take 2 grams of turmeric & sesame seeds powder, add 4 gm of jaggery to the mixture. This remedy will help control excessive and frequent urination.
Dosage: Take this ayurvedic mixture with lukewarm water twice a day.
- Black Sesame: Take 50 gm of black sesame seeds, 25gm Oregano, mix both & make a fine powder then add 65gm of jaggery to the powder to it.
Dosage: Take 5 gm of this mixture twice in a day.
- Chandraprabha Vati: Used in the Ayurvedic treatment of urinary tract infection, urinary calculus, and difficulty n micturition.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with warm water.
- Balooti: It is an ayurvedic medicine for bedwetting control frequent and involuntary micturition, burning micturition, bedwetting, etc.
Dosage: 5 gms with milk or water at bedtime.
- Diabeat: The formulation provides optimum and long-lasting control of blood sugar levels. Also helps to relieve associated symptoms including Polyurea (frequent urination) and Polydypsia (thirst), neuropathy, nephropathy, retinopathy, etc.
Dosage: 2 caps. twice a day with water before a meal.
- Swarnmakshik Bhasm: Mostly useful in burning sensation during urination, excessive heat in the body, etc.
Dosage: 125- 250 gm twice a day with honey after a meal.
- Chandanasava: Useful in urinary disorders, attended by burning sensation.
Dosage: 10ml to be taken with an equal quantity of water after meals.
- Godanti Bhasma: Mostly useful in burning sensation during urination, excessive heat in the body.
Dosage: 1g = 3 doses. One dose twice daily with sugar syrup.
Do try these remedies and share with us your experience. Also, if you have any remedy that has proven beneficial to you, share with others here, write in comment box. Selected remedies are also awarded Gift Vouchers to shop @ Healthybazar.